Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

In Focus

This is something God has been dealing lately with me over, the concept of keeping things in focus. You see, even since I was eight, my sole goal in life was to be a great woman of God, a good wife, and a loving mother. Since then my goals have obviously developed – now into getting a degree in Christian Psychology and later branching into either US Government/Law/Political Science. Following a career in outreach, advocacy, public affairs. (Who knows, I might even find myself in a Governor or Senate position one day.) All of that is great – the dreams, the hopes, the drive. What isn’t okay is allowing the worries of tomorrow to interfere with today. While all the fine print of those goals is running through my mind and the “If that paper doesn’t come by November I can’t even go to college this Spring even if I was ready and not busy with (insert blank) ” thought peeps in every hour or so, God had to remind me of something very crucial.

I’m publishing a novel – at 17 I have joined the rare rank of professionally published teen adult fiction writers. I have 7 months of development and publishing processes ahead of me, months of local book signings and promotions, and another novel to submit this coming summer – not to mention an entire series I am working on. With all this going on, for some reason I felt the need to start ‘worrying over tomorrow’ – the guy, the career, the family, the school, the car, the house, the lifestyle, – yep the whole nine yards. In my petty humanity (womanity?) I let my mind go out of focus on the here and now.

Jesus promised that we need not worry over certain things of tomorrow. Why waste so much time and energy on it when Our Savior assured us there is no need?

God gives us today – and even that isn’t promised. Carpe Diem may be one of the most overly used statements of the last 2 years, but it is also very true. Keep your thoughts and your actions in focus on what God has you dealing with and has blessed you with right now.

No comments: