Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Honesty in the Family

 

With my experience, if you are honest with your kids, we will be honest with you. My mother and father have enlightened me on many aspects of their past and not only have I grown and learned from their experiences, the good and the bad, I have also learned to trust them more than anyone else. I have come to them with everything I am/have done/or wanted to be since I was a kid and if I had to pinpoint why my relationship with them is as strong as it is, it would have to revolve around the fact they were open with me - they revealed their humanity, their Christianity, their faults and their pasts and their faith so there are very few things that are a divider between us.


I guess my main focus is that if you want your children to have an open and trusting relationship with you, be the bigger person and have one with them first.


With my Love and His~ Arial Alexis LionessofGod

No comments: