Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Being Love

From a very dear friend of mine:

"So, I just went out to get an oil change. While waiting and looking out the window I felt a tug on my leg. The most beautiful blue eyed blond, about 4 years old, looked up at me and said, "Are you grandpa." I said sure, I'm everybody's grandpa. She tried to climb up so I picked her up and found a chair to sit down. Soon a young woman, the little girls mother came over and asked, is she bothering you. I said no, but she is looking for her grandpa. Her Mom said, Katies grandpa died in June and she looks for him everyday and everywhere. So i said if it's OK with you, Katie can stay with me till one of has to leave. When that time came, it was the most difficult separation I have ever had. About 30 minutes of absolute heaven."

There is a story about a young boy who once traveled out to find God. He came across a man on a park bench, and ended up spending the whole day with him. Both went home saying they had met God that day. We sometimes forget that we can be God. Not play God. Not claim any Glory. But be God's hand in the world. That little girl got to spend a few precious moments with her 'grandpa' - she got to feel that love and protection again. My dear dear friend got to be God. He had the beautiful chance to be someone's glimpse of Love.

Now, if only the rest of us would learn to slow down and gently seize the same chances God gives us every day, the world would not be such a dire place, if only the people of God would learn to be the hands of God.

No comments: