Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Live it.

I have been working in a marketing office for 12 weeks, two days a week. I have spent 180 hours surrounded by a group of seven individuals, writing articles with them for magazines, emails, designing posters, the whole deal. Yet I had no idea their spiritual ‘status’. . . For all the time I had spent with them, nothing they did or spoke of told me anything about their view or life of Christianity, even though I make my beliefs clear. (My very email contains ‘LionessofGod’ in it.)
This made me wonder, how is it I could have talked and worked with them for this long, and only once have heard one of them say “yeah, my church did an egg hunt for Easter” and that be the end of it?? I know for a fact at least 2 of them “go to church” but if that is all I know, what does that say about their walk with God? Think about it, my fellow Lions. People should KNOW your citizenship to the Kingdom of the Lord by more than a passing comment or your facebook profile. How many of the people you are surrounded by everyday are Christians? Do you even know? Have you looked?
Better question – Do they know You are One?
If you don’t reflect the love and life of Jesus Christ in EVERY aspect of your own life, how can you claim to be a Christian, a vessel of His Glory, while hiding behind the status-quo of ‘politically correct’? If you offend someone simply for saying “I believe in God.” then they are the ones with the issue, one they will eventually take up with Him. At the same time, while one of your companions is grinding their teeth and shunning you, another might have desperately needed to know they are not alone, that you have God’s love in your life, a love you are called to share with them.

Don’t ever, ever, ever say “This just isn’t the place to bring up Religion.” If you know anything about God and Jesus’ mission on earth, you know it has absolutely nothing to do with Religion. God put you where you are for a reason, wherever that may be, to be to be Lions in a world permeated with fear, Love in a world polluted with hate, and Light in a world cast in darkness.
If you don’t put God into Every situation, and live for Him in ALL you do, then how can you expect Him to have power over it, and over the darkness around you, if you won’t even address Him when you are there?

With my Love and His~ Arial Alexis LionessofGod
PS: See This Link to a former post that addresses a similar topic on leading a Sanctified, Christian Life.

1 comment:

Grandpa Rod said...

It seems to me, My Lioness, that their Spiritual status ROARS out. For by their silence thay have said, God is not working in their lives. Yet you, who have taken the opportunity to speak of your Heavenly Father, opened the door for such conversation, but they did not walk through. Yes, I believe that many times silence speaks louder than many running waters.