Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kids = Gift of God

This post is a bit different than I have done in the past, but this needs to be told. The state of the world can be changed by a very specific group of people, who hold the future in their hands. The PARENTS.

Yesterday I watched as a young couple argued in my kitchen over why their 3 year old daughter is stand offish towards her father. The mother says "She hates him! For good reason too! He called her an ugly baby! He'd make faces to get her to cry! (Child's name) just hates him!" Meanwhile the poor little girl is sitting on her mom's hip.

Now I'm not a parent, but I am a Child. And of the MANY things wrong in this situation, I will name a few.

1.) Never criticize your spouse in front of your child. If we are old enough to understand words, we will remember. Daddy is our knight in shining armor (even if you are fully convinced it is only tin foil) and mommy is perfect. She is warm and soft and is made of hugs. Respect each other and we will grow to respect you.

2.) Your baby is never ugly.

3.) If you make babies cry I hope your face freezes that way. -.-

4.) Last but not least, my kitchen is not a therapy room. Not for you. My kitchen is my therapy. My facebook is yours. ;) See my FB here!

Psalm 113:9 He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children.Praise the LORD!
Psalm 127:3-5  Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalm 139:13-16  For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
John 16:21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.


No comments: