Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Change in the Itinerary

Only 2 days ago I was sure I was about to be in DC to support the people of Israel. I was in the airport at 8 am - awaiting my 9:30 flight. I'd been packed for 2 weeks, and had been waiting for almost 6 months for that day. Then the plane was delayed till noon, and so I went home only to return, say my goodbyes, board the plane, and await take off. Not 5 minutes later, the plane literally shut completely down due to a rear engine failure. Assured it would be fixed soon, we de-boarded and went back into the terminal.

2 hours later, it is 4 pm and we - an entire roomful of people who have been waiting all day, some since 6 am, to leave are still stranded. The plane mechanic hadn't even showed up. Delta attempted to arrange for a new plane, to find there was none. (How? I have no idea... How one of the largest commercial flyers can't get a plane from north Ga. to Atlanta is beyond me.) It was then 4:30 pm and I was overcome with distress.

I should have been in DC by 2. I should have been in my hotel room getting ready for the first meeting. I should have been meeting up with all the kids I met on fb in the lobby. I should have been talking with the young man who flew all the way from Thailand to attend. So why wasn't I? Why was I - who had received a scholarship to go to the would-be biggest event of my life - not there? Delayed planes, broken planes, no planes, they all played a part - but believe me when I say if it could have gone wrong, it did. So there I was. Grounded in the most simple of terms. There was no physical way for me to make it to DC (unless I was to take then "Let's put all 70 of you on a greyhound bus for 4-5 hours just to get to Atlanta" option.)


It was painful to admit, and even more disappointing, to think that perhaps God didn't want me there. He had pretty much done everything possible to make sure I didn't even get out of the terminal. All signs up until that point were a go. Everything had come together perfectly, but at the very last moment, the walls caved in (and a jet engine randomly broke down...)


I would have to be blind to not see it. With my parents council and my own choice (a bitter, if resentful one at the time) I made the choice that had literally already been made for me. I was not going to DC.

Now I'm sure there is a message here - perhaps God has revealed to you yours, but right now, I'm still dealing with the thought that I'm not there, even if I am where He so obviously wants me to be. (Which happens to be helping my family move. How we are managing to do it using only a minivan and a F-150 truck is a miracle in itself.)


All in all, I am happy to know His Angels are watching out for things I don't see, and are going to great lengths to keep me from where I wanted - but do not need - to go.

No comments: