Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Today

Do what you can do, and God will do what you cannot do. ~

I’ve heard this a few times over my life, and right now I know I need it, so perhaps you do too. I recently turned 17, and have just finished high school (I was homeschooled using the Alpha Omega program,) and this means I will start online college soon. I have gone back and forth over majors the last 2 years or so, but now I am in deep prayer over taking a Christian Law major and Christian Psychology minor with Regent University. I am also in the process of publishing a ‘sci-fi’ novel I wrote, having just mailed in the contract this week, am interning with a marketing company with the US Army, writing my third novel, and obviously, continuing my outreach and first love of blogging for all of you. My weeks are getting busy, temptations are everywhere, and I am in line to make many life altering decisions in the next few months.

As I always do, I went to my mother for guidance on the best possible route for my education. I have aspirations of joining the American Government in the form of a Representative or Senator for a state in the USA. At the very least I plan to write novels and books, both fiction and non fiction, that will open people’s eyes to things they did not think of before. God has placed it on my heart to take in foster children one day, to have a family and a husband whom I am waiting for, to help people… All in all, the sole desire of my heart is to make a difference in the world. And here is where His Wisdom comes in – through my mother’s words, “YOU CAN AND ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE RIGHT NOW.”  

It doesn’t take a college degree, a pedestal, a pulpit, or even much effort. All it takes is being a Christian, living your life as a Light for Him. The fine print and the many things I want to accomplish, the countless things you have done, will do, or want to is all paling in comparison to the Great and Perfect plan. Today, regardless of where we stand, you and I are given, by God, the opportunity to make a change in the world. It is so easy to forget how much our ACTIONS have power, how our choices and interactions with other people can change things – How smiling and saying ‘How are you?’ can not only brighten someone else’s day, but our own. --- The time for my degrees, book signings, and possibly Seats in the House will come, but until that day, should He appoint it, I vow to never let a single hour be wasted, and I encourage you to take this war against procrastination, fear, doubt, and cowardly inaction on with me. God’s plan doesn’t have a begin and end – 

TODAY COUNTS.
Today matters.
Today can change things.

No comments: