Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Honor our Parents. Honor our “Father”

Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God will give you. ~ Exodus 20:12

I am merely 16 years old, and I still remember when my mother had this bible verse (and the various others like it) printed and hung on our refrigerator. I strive to live by it, and can honestly say so far in my life is has remained true, and I encourage all of you to live by it as well. [Even if your parents are no longer with you, God is your Father as well ♥ The Bible contains many promises to those who are willing to put aside the world and the Flesh and live as Jesus told us to.]

Teach your children to do the same. My mother and father can attest to the fact I was a stubborn child, a character trait I am using to His Glory now, ;) --- But God provides parents wisdom to teach their children, as He will to you if you seek Him. And if anyone would like me to talk to your children, on this or any other matter, on a teen-to-teen level, I would be happy to.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, because this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise – that it may go well with you and that you may have a long life. ~Ephesians 6:1-3

No comments: