Jesus, by giving His perfect life as a payment for ours, so we may live eternally with Him in heaven, showed the true meaning of sacrifice and love. Now we as Christians must show the world the love we have been given, no matter the opposition we face. We must all be Lions of God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me." We can be the first glimpse of light, leading our peers, our family members, our enemies towards the true Light.

Monday, December 12, 2011

God is Love. . . .

Someone once asked me to describe what I see as love. And it has taken me 2 written novels on the subject, (I write fantasy/sci-fi) 5 unwritten, countless talks with others, and some serious 'come to Jesus meetings' to find my answer.

God is Love. And in saying that, defining love would be like trying to decode every essence of God and who He is, and to take all of that, and sum it up in a humanly understandable statement. Impossible. You cannot do it. We can never know all there is to know about God, and the same goes for love. Our vision is only able to grasp  what is made most clear to us. Wrong or right.

So my answer is this.

I don't have one, at least, not a single answer. God is Love. First and foremost. But then we have these many different dimensions to love. The love of our family, our friends, the people we can't picture our lives without, and the ones we believe we couldn't live without. Innocent views. Tainted views. Tested views. Incomprehensible views. We each have our own take on what Love is. And thank God we do. Just as He reveals Himself differently to each of us, so does He give us each the different capacity for love, and our own take on what it is.

For those of you who "know me" and know I've never witnessed being "in love" and perhaps might think, 'well you say that now...' - I would like to stress the fact that though that might be true, it doesn't mean I do not love. That I do not feel it. That I don't strive to give it. I have loved to love's infinite human extent, a love that will encompass all Love. I love God. And I love humanity. And as crazy as it may sound, I love my future husband. Can I describe any of this in a way you'll understand? ...Well, I could. But you might not think of me as sane afterwards.

This vast...entity... this overwhelming presence of God, and the undeniable Promises He gives, has begun to show me what it means to begin to understand the Power of Love, and the inexpressible forms it takes. The love between God and us, His creation made in His Image, the love between a man and woman, between a mother/father and their child, the love among children, it is all called Love. It is only the matter of how the beholder interprets that love that defines what 'type' of love it is.

No comments: